The summer season is almost upon us. What better than throwing a pool party with a bunch of your friends with some loud music? The idea seems exciting. Well, what usually stops us from hosting such parties is the fact of cleaning them. Having a pool in your backyard comes with the responsibility of cleaning and maintaining it. However, that’s where we usually show our ignorance. Having a pool cleaner will take away all your troubles. If you had thought cleaning a pool would take hours and hours, you are mistaken. Today’s pool cleaners are efficient and capable enough to get work done in no time. So, before we round up the best pool cleaners available, it is a good idea to know about the different types of pool cleaners and how they work.
Why You Need Pool Cleaners: Benefits of Having Pool Cleaner in Your Home
Having a Pool Cleaner by your side can add more to your convenience. Well, there are a few reasons that you should be adding Pool Cleaners in your arsenal of home and garden appliances. Take a look at the benefits that these pool cleaners have to offer:
- Energy Efficient – Pool Vacuum Cleaners such as robotic pool cleaners are energy efficient, and they don’t consume much of electricity to get the work done. For that reason, Pool Cleaners save a lot of your money and do not weigh own your wallet. Pool Cleaners eliminate the need of availing Pool cleaning services, and therefore, it is economical.
- Efficient Work – Pool cleaners can get the work done in a better and efficient way. Apart from that, they take no time to do the work. In fact, they are a time-saver, and you don’t have to constantly glue your eyes to check whether they are working or not.
- Easy To Use – Another major benefit of a pool cleaner, especially Robotic Pool Cleaner is that they are easy to use. Some pool cleaners come with different pre-installed programs, so you don’t have to keep them under your watch. All you have to do is just drop them in your pool and turn them on. That’s how simple and easy to use.
Types of Pool Cleaners – Which one is Your Need..?
When it comes to different types of pool cleaners, you will find three types of Pool Cleaners. These Pool Vacuum cleaners work great to sweep off the dirt from your swimming pool. Take a look at the different types of pool cleaners.
Robotic Pool Cleaner
Robotic Pool Cleaners are the most advanced and efficient pool vacuum cleaner that can get the work done in no time. This type of pool cleaner features an ergonomic design and they are quite easy to operate. Robotic Pool cleaners don’t require any manual effort since they are programmed in such a way. Robotic Pool Vacuum cleaners can amass the smallest dirt particle
Suction Pool Cleaner
Another type of pool cleaner is Suction Pool Vacuum Cleaner that requires a running pool to get the work done. To clean debris and dirt, A suction pool cleaner will require the pool’s intake and use the pool pump suction power. Such types of Pool Cleaner will require more electricity to maintain the swimming pool.
Pressure-Side Pool Cleaner
Pressure-Side Pool Cleaners are the most powerful type of pool cleaner. This type of pool cleaner is quite efficient in collecting medium to large-sized debris. There are basically two types of pressure-side pool vacuum cleaners. The first one requires a booster pump while the second one requires a filter pump. Anyone who is looking for a budget-friendly option, pressure-side pool cleaner remains the top pick.
Manual Pool Cleaners
Manual Pool Cleaners are one of the cheapest pool cleaners one can consider buying. The major downside of this type of Pool Vacuum Cleaner is that they are time-consuming. You are the only one who is channeling the pool and cleaning it. However, Manual Pool Cleaners are capable of reaching the small spaces as well.
Top 11 Pool Cleaners You Can Consider Buying in 2020
So, if you have made up your mind to get a new pool cleaner for yourself, we have rounded up the best pool cleaners to clean your swimming pool. Take a look at the best options you can consider buying.
11. Polaris F9550 Sport Pool Cleaner (Robotic In-Ground)
Polaris F9550 Pool Cleaner is a robotic pool vacuum cleaner that is designed for the convenience of the pool owners. This pool vacuum cleaner features 4 wheels for covering the surface of the pool. That’s not all. The device features Vortex Vacuum Technology that lets you collect large debris because of its maximum suction power. It can clean the toughest spots on tight spaces and corners. A 7-day customizable program will get the things done for you even when you are stuck at some work.
- The device is quite easy to assemble and get started.
- Easy to lift function makes it easier to lift it from pool.
- Vortex Vacuum Technology helps in efficiently cleaning the pool.
- The length of the cord is small.
- It does not work good on pool steps.
10. Pentair LL505G Kreepy Krauly Legend Pressure-Side Inground Pool Cleaner
This is one of the best Pressure Side Pool Cleaners that you can consider buying for yourself. For total pool coverage, this device features a front-wheel device and treaded tires to cover the entire floor. The device comes with a large capacity bag to collect the debris.
- It comes with a large filter bag capacity.
- The device features wheels to cover the total pool area.
- Solid and durable construction.
- It does not climb on the walls and stairs.
9. OASE 032232 Pondovac 4 Pond Vacuum Cleaner
OASE has made its name for itself as one of the best manufacturers when it comes to pool vacuum cleaners. It can conveniently clean your pool effectively instantly. This device has great suction and lives up to the expectations. Check out the pros and cons of this device.
- Good suction power to collect dirt and debris.
- Easy to assemble and operate to get the work done.
- It comes with a range of attachments and two hoses.
- A bit expensive.
- The quality of this device is flimsy
8. Aquabot Rover Junior Robotic Pool Vacuum Cleaner
If you have an above-ground swimming pool in your backyard, cleaning and maintaining is not a menace. Aquabot Rover Junior Pool Vacuum Cleaner is there to help you in collecting dirt and debris effectively. All you have to do is simply turn on and drop it in your swimming pool. No matter the shape and size, this robotic pool cleaner will give an exceptional performance.
- Long Cord to power this robot.
- Effectively cleans the pool and sweeps off some algae as well.
- Value for money.
- The long cord gets tangled, and you have to manually untangle the cord.
- The quality of the wheels could be better.
7. Dolphin Nautilus Automatic Robotic Pool Vacuum Cleaner
Save your time and electricity with the top of the line pool cleaner. The device is 8 times energy efficient and consumes less electricity and saves you on the electricity bill. That’s not all. Incorporated with CleverClean Technology, the device uses advanced algorithms to clean your pool. It does not pick any random patterns to clean your pool. To attack the toughest stains on the floor, there are powerful dual scrubs.
- 8 times energy efficient to save electricity bills.
- Get the job done at the tap of a button.
- It captures large debris as well, thanks to its powerful suction.
- The internal capacity to collect the debris is small. So, it won’t be able to collect the large debris all at once.
- The device is heavy to pull back from the swimming pool.
6. Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Li Pool Cleaner
Featuring a rechargeable battery and easy switch on/off button, Water Tech has redefined the concept of pool maintenance since its inception. Brace yourself to clean your swimming pool just at the tap of a button. Your cleaning woes are definitely going to vanish in no time.
- The device is powered using a rechargeable battery.
- Easy switch on/off button for the operation.
- Amazing battery life.
- Large debris will not be collected by this device.
- It takes a huge time to recharge the battery.
5. Zodiac Baracuda G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
For those who are looking for an automatic pool vacuum cleaner and one that does not make any noise, Zodiac Baracuda G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner would be a good choice for them. The device features deflector movements that help in cleaning the corners and other tight areas. The unit does a good job of cleaning the floor, stairs of the pool.
- Wheel deflector to clean the corners.
- It is the most versatile pool cleaner. It can clean pools designed using concrete, vinyl or tiles.
- The quality of the unit is commendable.
- Some parts of the device will wear out soon and you will have to ask for their replacement parts.
- The device does not go in the middle of the pool to clean. Instead it just walks around the perimeter.
4. Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner
This pool vacuum cleaner is one of the best pool cleaners up for grabs. If you are looking for something that is quite easy to use and of course, not worried about your budget, this will be the ideal pick for you. Dolphin has become a bigwig name when it comes to manufacturing pool vacuum cleaners. The device features DC Motor that does not consume much of your electricity while performing the task efficiently and effectively. The device comes with a three-year warranty,
- DC Motor saves energy consumption.
- The unit comes with a 3-year warranty
- It cleans the swimming pool exceptionally well.
- Customer service could be better.
- You have to manually set the timer for the weekly schedule.
3. Hayward W3PVS20JST SharkVac Robotic Pool Cleaner
This is one of the best pool vacuum cleaners that you can consider bringing home. This pool-cleaner features self-adjusting turbine vanes and probably, that’s the best thing about this pool cleaner. Through these vanes, large debris will pass through the unit and it won’t impact the unit at the same time. The device features multiple pre-programmed setting that ensures to clean and cover the pool wholly.
- It does a great job of cleaning the pool.
- This robotic cleaner brushes the walls and the floor as well.
- Easy to operate and use.
- This robot pool cleaner is quite big, bulky, and heavy.
- Users have noticed issues with wall climbing.
2. Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
Polaris has carved out a niche for itself in the industry and this Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pool cleaner is one of the effective pool vacuum cleaners one can consider buying. This pressure side pool cleaner not just sweeps the floor but also scrubs the floor, walls, and stairs as well. It comes with a 31 feet cord so that you don’t have to move the pool to reach the spots.
- Cleans the floor, walls, and stairs.
- Quite easy to set up and use.
- Effectively cleans the pool and leaves no debris or dirt behind.
- A bit expensive for what is offered.
- Additional accessories will be needed to make the most of this device.
1. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner
This Automatic Robotic Pool cleaner remains one of the best choices for the pool owners. This pool-cleaner is ideal for those which measure dimensions up to 50 feet. This cleaner will leave your pool sparkling clean in just 2 hours. This pool cleaner does not come with any cable and that’s the reason you can enjoy effortless cleaning.
- Efficient and save money.
- Excellent performance when it comes to cleaning.
- Cleans the bottom and sides of the pool effectively.
- Cleans in just 2 hours (50’ pool)
- Powerful dual scrubbers
- It does not remove any algae spots.
- This pool cleaner is quite heavy. So, you need to be aware of this thing as well.
How To Find The Best Pool Cleaner For Your’s Swimming Pool? Buyers Guide
Buying a Pool Vacuum cleaner is not an easy task. There is an overwhelming choice of options in front of you and each features different specifications. There are various things that you will have to consider before settling on a model. Take a look at various factors that you would have to consider.
- Pool Size – The first thing that you will have to consider is the size of the swimming pool before you randomly buy a new pool cleaner. Some pool vacuum cleaners work efficiently in small swimming pools while others work great in large swimming pools. When it comes to cleaning a large-sized swimming pool, you can always go with robotic pool cleaners since they get the work done efficiently.
- Easy to install – Another thing that you would need to look at the setup process or installation process. Since a pool cleaner is designed for our own convenience, you must skip on those pool-cleaners that involve the time-consuming process of installation. It is a good idea to go with Pool Cleaners that are quite easy to set up and do not require any hassle.
- Price – Pool Cleaners come in different price levels. You will be able to find one which is reasonably priced as well as the one which is exorbitantly priced. The decision to choose the one depends upon you. It is a good idea to know what your budget is and how much you are willing to throw on the purchase of a pool cleaner. Being clear of your budget will vanish plenty of other choices and narrow down the options up for grabs under your budget.
- Durability – Durability is another thing that you need to look at while you are buying a pool cleaner. Investing in pool cleaners is a bit expensive, and you don’t want anything that breaks down after a bit of use. So, make sure that the pool vacuum cleaner you are buying is designed using heavy-duty material and is sturdy enough to take all the jobs.
Well, by now, you would have known that there is the sheer volume of Pool Cleaners in the market. So, before you buy one, it is crucial to check out various things. Well, Our choice of recommendation for the pool cleaner would be Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner. Dolphin has carved out a niche for itself as one of the best brands in the manufacturing of pool vacuum cleaners. With that said, Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robotic Pool Vacuum Cleaner remains a top choice for people who are looking for swimming pool cleaners. The device gets the job done efficiently and effectively.