Having a swimming pool in your backyard have plenty of benefits to offer. Aside from adding a dash of charm to your home, a swimming pool can begin your journey towards a healthier lifestyle. From being a source of entertainment to providing relief during summer, having a swimming pool comes with great responsibility. It’s time to face reality. Cleaning and scrubbing your pool is not fun when compared with swimming. So, don’t slack off now and bring Pressure Side Pool Cleaners to get rid of this cleaning mess.
- 1 How Does Pressure Side Pool Cleaner Work?
- 2 Best Pressure Side Pool Cleaners For Your Swimming Pool
- 2.1 1. Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- 2.2 2. Pentair LL505G Kreepy Krauly Legend Pressure-Side Inground Pool Cleaner
- 2.3 3. Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Pool Cleaner
- 2.4 4. Hayward TVP500C TriVac 500 Pressure Cleaner
- 2.5 5. Zodiac F5B Polaris Vac-Sweep
- 2.6 6. Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- 2.7 7. Zodiac 6-130-00T Polaris Turbo Turtle Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- 3 How To Choose The Best Pressure Sided Pool Cleaner – Buyer’s Guide
- 4 Share
- 5 About Post Author
How Does Pressure Side Pool Cleaner Work?
When it comes to cleaning the swimming pool, Pressure Side Pool Cleaners are powerful. The addition of jets forces the water to go against the surface of the pool cleaning those easy and tough stains. The force of these jets is so high.
Apart from that, these devices also feature impeccable throat designs that digest large debris such as stones, leaves, and other things. There is also a scrubbing feature so when they move, your pool is scrubbed. There are two types of pressure-side pool cleaners
These require a separate ¾ hp booster pump to power them. They need around 30 PSI to operate best. The booster pump provides a consistent flow to the cleaner. The advantage of this type is that they have a time clock for scheduled cleanings and can automatically stop and start so they don’t run any more than they need to. This saves electricity and wear and tear on the cleaner. The booster pump keeps them from being bogged down by full pool skimmers, pump baskets, and dirty filters.
These have no separate booster pump, though they look much the same as their higher-pressure counterparts. They run on just 15 – 17 PSI and need a larger hose of around 1.5” diameter. Initial purchase price and installation is generally cheaper than the booster pump cleaners. Suction power is dependent upon a well-running pool pump and filter system. Full skimmers and dirty filters will bog them down considerably.
Best Pressure Side Pool Cleaners For Your Swimming Pool
If you are having a hard time finding the right pool cleaner for your swimming pool, we have compiled the list of the best Pressure Side Pool cleaners that are up for grabs right now.
1. Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
Our list of the best Pressure Side Pool cleaners is topped by this pool cleaner. Polaris is unarguably the best in the business that has been constantly trying to add convenience to the life of people. This device perfectly works fine in all sizes of the in-ground swimming pool. Featuring a three-wheel design, this device is mighty and effectively does its job.
- Easy To Install
- Collects Large Debris
- You don’t need a separate booster pump.
- The device is a bit expensive.
2. Pentair LL505G Kreepy Krauly Legend Pressure-Side Inground Pool Cleaner
This Pressure side pool cleaner features a very sturdy and robust design that makes cleaning the tough stains easy. It comes with four wheels designs that make it stable and prevent it from tipping while functioning.
Talking about its performance, it comes with a large filter bag that can amass large debris conveniently. Well, you could leave your device unattended to other chores. That’s how impressive it is.
- Four wheel design ensures stability.
- Cleaning cycle is fast and really effective.
- It comes with large size filter bag to collect dirt.
- Anyone having angular pool, it is not a great option.
3. Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Pool Cleaner
For an unmatched performance and magical powers to clean the pool, switch to this best pressure sided pool cleaner. With a bunch of innovations and some major tweaks, this device is sure to offer extra -ordinary performance. The device is ideal for all sorts of in-ground swimming pool and it comes with automatic reverse technology which is why it does not stuck while operating.
It comes with a powerful suction to collect large debris and take less time while compared with others. In fact, it won’t be wrong to refer it as one of the best pressure sided pool cleaners.
- Ideal for all sizes of in-ground pool.
- Auto reverse technology to get it free.
- Durable and sturdy design.
- Value for money.
- A bit overpriced.
- The hose gets tangled.
4. Hayward TVP500C TriVac 500 Pressure Cleaner
When it comes to bringing out best pressure sided pool cleaners, Hayward has carved out a niche for itself. No wonder why this device from Hayward sets the bar higher. Featuring Aqua drive technology, this device ensures to cover the entire surface of your pool and make your pool looks inviting.
What sets this device apart is the addition of large suction inlet that can grab the large debris. Undoubtedly, this pressure sided pool cleaner is one of the most versatile device you can consider adding to your arsenal.
- It features large suction inlet to collect large debris.
- The device comes with extra large bag to gather debris.
- Covers the surface of the pool entirely.
- You will need to have a separate booster pump.
5. Zodiac F5B Polaris Vac-Sweep
This pool cleaner from Zodiac is dedicated to making your pool spotless and elegant. When it comes to its efficiency, the device does not disappoint. It can clean any pool in less than 3 hours. The device is capable to picking up all sorts of debris including pebbles as well.
There are double vacuum jets that let this device reach into tight corners and vanish the stains effectively. Also, Zodiac F5B Polaris Vac-Sweep is perfect for all sorts of in -ground pools.
- There are two vacuum jets for efficient cleaning.
- No hassle in setting up the device and operating it to work.
- Solid and robust design with effective performance.
- Need a separate booster pump which adds more to the cost.
6. Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
Polaris Vac Sweep is a mighty pressure sided pool cleaner that ensures crystal clear water in your pool without a bit of your effort. Its three-wheel design takes the onus of cleaning, scrubbing, sweeping the surface of the pool meticulously.
The device features a large opening throat to suck the large debris including leaves and makes your pool appealing than ever. It gets the job done in less than 3 hours.
- Low Maintenance costs.
- Effective and fast cleaning.
- Large throat inlet to gather large debris.
- A bit overpriced.
- Separate booster pump is needed.
7. Zodiac 6-130-00T Polaris Turbo Turtle Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
For anyone whose swimming pool measures dimensions of 5 feet, this pressure-side pool cleaner is the perfect fit for them. The setup is quite easy and so is the operation. The device gets to the work instantly and sweeps the floor in less than 3 hours.
Well, its turtle-shaped design looks elegant and is a decor piece for your pool as well. It reaches those “hard to reach spaces” and ensures proper cleaning.
- Large filter bag to collect dust and debris.
- The aesthetic of the device is amazing.
- Effective and fast cleaning.
- Value for money.
- A little expensive.
How To Choose The Best Pressure Sided Pool Cleaner – Buyer’s Guide
This is the question that hits one’s mind when it is time to finalize your selection.
The working of the two cleaners is different in some significant and some insignificant ways. However, you can understand all of them for information.
Attached with the pressure side of the pool circulation system, this pool cleaner pushes the water throughout the pool, to the cleaner. The venture effect caused by the pressure cleaner makes all the debris gather in the debris bag of the cleaner, which is attached at its top. The good thing is that the pressure-side pool cleaner can efficiently gather large debris present in the pool.
The cleaning mechanism of the suction side pool cleaner goes the other way.
The suction side pool cleaners attach with the pool filtration system, turn water to the system and cause it to clean. Unlike the pressure side pool cleaner, there is a risk of clogging of large debris. The cleaner cannot work if there is dirt clogged in it and you have to clean it first. So, it is a fact that pressure pool cleaners have more power to remove all types of dirt than suction pool cleaners.
Being a swimming pool owner, you want your pool water sparkling clean and ready to use when you want to use it.